QISG is currently in need of a Pre-Construction Services Manager to join our growing EPC group.
The Pre-Construction Services Manager will provide support in the functional oversight of marketing, engineering, estimating, procurement, and scheduling during (and in preparation for) a specific pursuit and will lead the efficient transition into execution. They will also be responsible for the overall direction and coordination of tasks and activities associated with developing scope, price, and schedule-related components of EPC project-specific and program-level proposals as assigned as well as support project managers during execution by providing engineering technical oversight.
- Project Development in maintaining optimal relations and clear communication between Construction and Engineering staff during preparation of the scope, price, and schedule related components of project specific and program level EPC proposals
- Responsible for assembling the final EPC estimate for proposals
- Support in the management of the overall progress of pre-construction activities
- Leading value engineering and/or constructability reviews
- Obtain information and feedback during project execution (after award) from both the project team and client to develop best practices for future proposal development
- Assist Director of Operations and EPC Project Managers during execution by providing engineering technical oversight
- Support in the development of establishing relationships with design teaming partners
- Work with Design Managers to obtain comprehensive design documents in accordance with the planned schedule
- Direct RFI/RFPs to appropriate parties, obtaining resolution in a timely fashion and returning requested information to all parties concerned.
- Limit QISG’s risk exposure and maximize profitability
- Development of a comprehensive basis of estimate (i.e. assumptions, exclusions, inclusions, and qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 5 or more years of experience in various aspects of pre-construction services including but not necessarily limited to design, estimating, procurement, project management, scheduling, project controls and construction
- Must have previous substation and/or transmission line field or design experience as well as experience with project scheduling and estimating
- Candidate should have demonstrated experience with fast-track, design-build (DB), and/or engineer-procure-construct (EPC) execution methodologies and procedures
- Candidate should have experience developing the execution logic for an integrated design-build (DB) or engineer-procure-construct (EPC) project including design, procurement, construction, and start-up activities
- Knowledge of market conditions and how to apply them to ensure competitive proposals are developed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of a diverse and growing company
Last Updated: July 26, 2022