Quanta Infrastructure Solutions Group, LLC (QISG), a Quanta Services, Inc. company (NYSE: PWR), is looking for an experienced attorney to assist the project management teams during the course of executing large and complex electric power transmission and distribution infrastructure projects. The position will be based in our Houston, Texas office (part of the Quanta Services, Inc. complex) and report to QISG’s Group General Counsel. Job title and compensation will be dependent upon level of relevant experience and qualifications.
- Assist project management and construction management teams with identifying and tracking cost and schedule impacts during the execution phases of projects.
- Draft and review notices to and from customers, subcontractors, and vendors (including amendments and change orders) in accordance with the terms of the relevant contracts.
- Participate in regular in-person and remote meetings with the project teams, including monthly and quarterly financial review processes.
- Coordinate and lead training sessions for project managers on contractual matters.
- Draft and negotiate construction agreements with customers (EPC, Design-Build, CMAR, MSA, etc.) and related subcontracts and purchase orders with third parties.
Required Experience and Education
- Juris Doctorate granted by an ABA accredited law school.
- Current license to practice law.
- Minimum of 3 years of legal experience in a litigation or transactional setting.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience negotiating and/or coordinating claims related to contracts in the engineering or construction industry.
- Experience related to EPC projects in the electric power industry (transmission and distribution) strongly preferred.
- Desire to become familiar project operational and financial matters and communicate with operations personnel and willingness to travel to project offices and job sites.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Self-starter who can work independently while supporting the needs of the team.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Ability to manage and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be self-directed and exercise independent judgment.
- Travel: Yes
- Percent of Time: Between 25% to 50%.
Last Updated: May 11, 2023