The Proposal Coordinator is responsible for proposal development, ensuring security and integrity of all proposal documentation, coordinating the internal proposal process, and reviewing all proposal inputs/directing production of the final proposal.
The Proposal Coordinator shall work closely with the proposal team to ensure that all internal and external requirements are met from receipt of inquiry through contract award. This position is responsible for the overall adherence to the Company’s proposal process.
- Prepares and submits documentation to set-up internal proposal number.
- Performs a detailed review of the inquiry to interpret the scope of work and associated deliverables.
- Develops the proposal matrix and schedule, adhering to the guidelines set forth in the Company’s proposal process guidelines.
- Establishes the electronic file structure, archive, and back-up capability and procedures for all proposal materials on the Company’s server system.
- Establishes and documents electronic proposal file access and tracking protocols for ensuring the security and integrity of all proposal documentation.
- Schedules, organizes, and leads internal proposal kick off meetings with assigned Technical Proposal Lead and identified team.
- Liaises with commercial and technical teams, as well as other departments across multiple business segments and offices, to request documentation required for proposal/prequalification submittals (rate sheets, contract, schedule, safety, quality, etc.).
- Establishes the format of the proposal to reflect the Client’s requirements and the Company’s agreed proposal win strategy.
- Coordinates the preparation of the proposal on a day to day basis and holds regular progress meetings with the proposal team, all while ensuring adherence to the established proposal matrix and schedule.
- Identifies key problem areas during the proposal development and reviews problems and recommended solutions with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensures that the proposal is fully compliant with the Client’s requirements. Where this is not possible, identify alternatives and possible solutions.
- Ensures that scope of services is fully defined in the proposal write-up and that the words are consistent with the basis of the estimate as prepared by the Technical Proposal Lead.
- Coordinates the internal flow and review of all proposal inputs and outputs while ensuring the appropriate personnel review and approval levels (complying with Company’s Delegation of Authority) are in place prior to submitting the proposal.
- Acts as a point of contact with Client, coordinating with sales and other commercial team members, on all formal matters relating to assigned proposals.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures
- Performs special projects and completes other duties as assigned or requested
Required Experience and Education
- Associate’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience
Preferred Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications, Journalism, English or equivalent and 5+ years of relevant experience (construction industry, giving exposure to EPC projects in the electric power and water/wastewater)
- Knowledge and skills in bid preparation, specifically in the electric power industry
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Visio) and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and assertiveness, the ability to plan and manage work in an efficient manner, and the ability to work well under stress and time pressure
- Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful and proactive with a tenacious and empowering team orientated style
- Well-developed written and verbal communication, interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated problem solving experience with the ability to multi-task and apply a structured approach to complex situations
- Ability to work irregular schedule and long hours required to meet required deadlines.
- Travel: Yes
- Percent of Time: 10%
Last Updated: June 7, 2023